I just took a look at my 100 Things list. You remember those… the “getting to know you” memes that everyone did back when blogging was still in its infancy? They were an initiation rite of sorts– you had to do them in order to blog. Even though some never did. Some resisted. Some were smart.
I, however, was desperate for readers at the time. (As you can see, not much has changed!) So I did my 100 Things list and then re-did it again about a year later.
It’s been a while since I’ve revisited my list, and I decided it needed to be changed. Completely.
So, without further ado, and to make a long story short (too late!) here is my brand-new, sparkly and shiny, and ultra-fabulous 100 NEW Things About Me!
OK, it’s mostly a rehash of the old one. I’m lazy. Deal with it.
1. I am still single.
1a. I’ve resigned myself to the fact that this may never change.
1b. I’m OK with that.
2. My favorite food is Italian.
3. I make a kickass meatball.
4. I was born in Kenosha, Wisconsin
5. I now live in Chicago, IL.
6. I am a Packer fan, but not a Brewer Fan.
7. I am a Cubs fan, but not a Bears Fan.
8. I love to sing.
8a. I used to have a Cabaret show at Gentry in Chicago.
9. I work for a major law firm’s marketing department as a graphic designer.
9a. My actual title is “Desktop Publisher.”
9b. I think “Graphic Designer” fits my job description better.
10. I grew up with dogs, but I own two cats.
11. I have one sister, and she is married.
12. I have no nieces or nephews (yet).
13. Most of my friends are in the Chicago Gay Men’s Chorus or the Windy City Performing Arts.
14. I used to sing with both groups, but I now only sing with CGMC.
15. I am not related to Danny Aiello.
16. My favorite artist is Elton John.
17. The name “RcktMan” is an homage to Elton John’s song “Rocket Man”
18. My first online experience was on Prodigy back in 1992.
19. I used to consider myself an Independent voter, but I now consider myself a Democrat.
20. I was raised Catholic, but do not practice it anymore.
21. My uncle is a priest.
22. I have only one first cousin.
23. My mom had my sister because she did not want me to grow up an only child. (She was an only child.)
24. We named our second dog “Cubby” after the Chicago Cubs.
24a. His name was my idea.
25. My cat’s names are Pippin and Screech.
25a. Pippin is named after the musical, not the basketball player.
25b. Screech is so named because he’s so chatty, not after the “Saved By The Bell” character.
25c. My ex named Screech.
26. I have friends all over the country and in many areas of the world.
27. I have never been to Europe.
28 I have never been to paradise– or to me, for that matter.
28a. I don’t know what the hell that means.
29. I never knew either of my grandfathers.
30. I have relatives in Italy and across the United States that I have never met.
31. I did the layout for Carol Moseley Braun’s resume in 2001.
31a. She paid me $200 for the service. She paid with a personal check. I have a copy of the check.
32. I have never kissed a girl.
33. I take that back. I’ve kissed a girl… she was the only girl in CGMC at the time. It was actually kinda hot.
34. I’ve never HAD SEX with a woman. And that’s the truth.
34. My first kiss and my first time having sex with a man was when I was 23 years old.
35. I am now 35 years old.
36. I have a solo on the Chicago Gay Men’s Chorus’s first CD, “Cool Yule.”
36a. I am also featured in CGMC’s second CD, “I Will Be Loved Tonight.”
37. My favorite drink is Vodka & Tonic.
38. I have never done drugs of any kind.
39. I have never smoked a cigarette.
40. I have smoked cigars but only puffed on them.
41. I am a top.
42. I love to kiss.
43. I love to cuddle.
44. I am extremely affectionate.
45. I can be a bit of a loner at times.
46. I have been called “introspective”
47. In college I was heavily involved in DECA, a student marketing organization.
47a. I was elected Wisconsin State SE Region Vice President in 1992 and State President in 1993.
47b. I was elected State Alumni President in 1998 (after having moved to Chicago).
48. I served on the board of CGMC for 2 years.
49. I will not serve on any boards again for a long time.
50. My last ex and I were together for a year.
50a. It was my longest relationship.
51. One of my fondest memories is going to the Wisconsin State Fair with my family and going down the huge slide.
52. Another fond memory is going to see my Grandma in Antioch, Illinois. It always seemed so far away.
53. I had my tonsils removed in July of 2003.
54. I am a prime candidate for high blood pressure and asthma.
55. They both run in my family.
56. My latest guilty pleasure is that I hunt for Sesame Street bits on YouTube and post them on my blog on Mondays.
56a. Judging by the response, I seem to have bewildered my readership by this.
57. I am surrounded by a network of wonderful, loving and supportive friends.
58. My father was Diabetic and my mother suffers from Emphysema.
58a. My dad died in July of 2006.
58b. It was the most painful experience in my entire life, and I miss him very much.
59. While growing up, I wanted to be a teacher.
60. I graduated with an Associate Degree in Marketing in 1994.
61. I still want to complete my Bachelor’s and Masters degree someday.
62. I live way beyond my means.
63. I have poor credit, but it’s improving… slowly.
64. I own a car, but still rent my apartment.
65. I would like to buy my own condo within the next 3 years.
66. I cry at sappy movies and songs.
67. I love comedies.
68. I love gardening
69. I grow my own herbs.
70. I hate housecleaning and laundry.
71. But I love when my home is clean.
72. I do not have a gym membership currently, but am looking at options for a new one.
73. I finally bought a new bike this year and enjoyed riding it during the spring and summer.
74. I thoroughly believe that if I worked out, I’d be “Hot”.
75. I am too lazy to make that happen.
76. I listen to music when I fall asleep.
77. Since I got a DVR, I have been watching WAY more TV than I have watched in many years.
78. I hate seeing movies by myself, so I rarely see movies.
79. I love to cook for myself, and for others.
80. I like going out, but don’t go out alone, ever.
81. I STILL cut my own hair.
81a. I think I’m pretty good at it by now.
82. My favorite breakfast food is Eggs Benedict.
83. I love Tombstone Pizzas.
84. I would fail miserably at the Atkins Diet.
85. McDonald’s McChicken Sandwiches are my nemesis.
85a. They are only $1 each.
85b. Yes, I am that cheap sometimes.
86. I have very few enemies.
87. I believe there is a direct correlation between one’s relationship with his or her family and the type of person he or she is socially.
88. I have a very good relationship with my family.
89. I am not a morning person.
90. I am a definite night owl.
91. I spend a lot of time online but rarely ever “hook up” anymore.
92. I’m ready to “settle down”.
93. I like to write poetry to clear my mind.
94. My favorite author is John Irving.
95. I think Dolly Parton is one of the most underrated artists alive today.
96. I think The Beatles were geniuses.
97. I think George W. Bush is the biggest failure of all of the US Presidents, ever.
98. I have no idea who could possibly be our President in 2008.
99. I have voted in every Presidential election since I became eligible.
100. I’m feeling more hopeful about the future of our country.