Summer is fast approaching. Hell, if you didn’t know any better, you’d think it was already here. Today’s Chicago temperature hit 83 degrees. Rock on!
So with the onset of the summer months comes a set of goals.
Goals that I will
probably forget all about in a week do everything in my power to acheive in the next few months.
are completely unrealistic, knowing my track record are easy to achieve if I just apply myself.
So without further ado, too late, here are my goals.
1. I will get my bike fixed and start taking those rides along Lake Michigan that I’ve been wanting to take for the last three years
but I’ve been too lazy to do anything about my broken bike.
2. I will sell my car. After I fix all the dents and scratches and broken headlights that are on it now.
3. I will spend less time parked in front of my computer (except when I’m blogging) and more time outdoors.
4. I will spend more time at the beach
if I can get up the nerve to take off my shirt in public again.
5. I will continue dating
even though the guy I was seeing suddenly stopped calling and writing and I haven’t heard from him in almost two weeks.
6. I will keep better track of my money. No smartass remarks there.
7. I will continue to blog, even when sometimes I can’t think of a single thing to blog about.
8. I will probably look at this list in a couple weeks and laugh out loud, knowing that I hadn’t even begun to accomplish any of them.
9. I will stop being so cynical.
10. I will forget about #10, because I know that cynicism is inherent in gay men, and there is nothing I can do about it.
11. I will start taking the train to visit my parents instead of driving. Because I will have sold my car. After I got it fixed. With all the money I’d saved because I had kept better track of it. Because I will have spent less time in front of the computer (minus the time spent blogging) and more time balancing my checkbook. Because I will be happily dating a sexy man. Because I will be in such good shape because I will be riding my bike everywhere. Because I finally fixed the damn thing.
These are hefty, lofty goals. I need lots of encouragement and positive reinforcement to accomplish them. I think I can do it.
What do you think?
Wish me luck!