With the tree going up and the decorating still going in in Casa de Ricardo, there’s a lot of Christmas spirit to be had.
The last couple of days I’ve been ripping all of my Christmas CD’s onto my computer (since I had lost all of my MP3’s in the big crash), and I’ve been enjoying the wonderful sounds of Christmas while getting into the spirit.
There are always a few Christmas songs that I just can’t go without hearing once, twice, or five-hundred times a season. They are just simply my favorites, and I don’t ever get sick of hearing them.
So here are some of my all-time favorite Christmas songs, by the specific artists. See if your favorites made the cut!
(in no particular order)
1. The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas To You) – Nat (King) Cole
2. Ave Maria – The Carpenters
3. I Saw Three Ships – Mantovani
4. Still, Still, Still – Mannheim Steamroller
5. White Christmas – Bing Crosby
6. Merry Christmas Darling – The Carpenters
7. I Believe In Father Christmas – Greg Lake
8. Happy Christmas (War Is Over) – John Lennon
9. Wonderful Christmastime – Paul McCartney
10. Sleigh Ride – Boston Pops (Arthur Fiedler)
11. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas – The Pretenders
12. The Twelve Days of Christmas – The Muppets with John Denver (Ba dum bum bum)
13. Little Jack Frost (Get Lost) – Chicago Gay Men’s Chorus (featuring Rick Aiello) (Yeah, I had to include it. 🙂
14. Little Drummer Boy – Harry Simeone Chorale
15. What Child Is This? – Vanessa Williams
16. Christmas Time Is Here – Vincent Guaraldi Trio (From A Charlie Brown Christmas)
17. Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree – Brenda Lee
18. Jingle Bell Rock – Bobby Helms (NOT Hall & Oates. I like them but I loathe their version!)
19. O Holy Night – Johnny Mathis
20. White Christmas – The Drifters
21. Let it Snow! – Doris Day
22. Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town – The Carpenters (The version they recorded in 1974, very jazzy and cool.)
23. Blue Christmas – Elvis Presley
As I’m sure you could imagine, this list could go on forever, but this is a good sample of the ones I would say are my definite favorites. Of course, I pretty much like anything by The Carpenters… something about their Christmas albums just always puts me in the spirit right away. But there you have it. My favorites. What are some of yours?